Reaching and achieving a goal is one of the most awesome feelings in the world. Am I right? Whether it’s a weight loss goal, education goal, family goal, career goal, etc. Finally achieving something you have set your mind to and accomplished feels awesome. Many times however, there are dreams and goals we feel like are so far out of our reach. At the first sign of defeat we quit, and never fully see the potential or basically give up on our dream or goal. I’m here to tell you that if you want something bad enough, you will figure out a way to do it. No matter how long it takes. It may be something that will take years to accomplish, but at the end of the day it doesn’t matter how long it takes us to achieve a goal, what matters is that you achieve it. In order to reach a specific goal, there needs to be action that will have to take place. You ABSOLUTELY cannot achieve anything if you don’t put in the work to get shit done. There are a lot of “talkers” in this world and not enough “doers.” Let me explain.
Talkers-The people that have big, beautiful plans to do this and do that. They will tell you their brilliant ideas, and talk about them all day long. Yet you never see them putting forth any effort towards their goals. I know many people like this. I used to be one of them. In fact, I will say that I still portray some traits as a talker, but am slowly coming out of that world. You can talk all day long, but no action means no results. Everything looks good on paper.
Doers-While the talkers are wasting their time just “saying” their goals out loud and how they will achieve them, the doers are actually putting in the time, effort, and work required to succeed. The doers of the world are on top.
Tips on becoming a doer:
- Come up with a goal and an action plan.
- Write down your goal, read it daily, and visualize achieving it. Writing an action plan (which I will go over on future blog) which includes the steps necessary to achieve the long term goal.
- Make time to achieve your goal.
- Set aside time each day to progress towards the goal you want to achieve. The time spent is up to you, whether it’s 2 hours or 30 minutes, make SOME time which is better than no time.
- Come up with reasons of why you can instead of why you can’t.
- Quit making excuses or saying you don’t have time. Remember, if your goal is important, you will make time.
- When you fail at something, think of a different way.
- Doers will fail time and time again. What makes them different from talkers is that they will find a different way instead of quitting. Remember, there are a million ways to skin a cat. Maybe not a million, but you get the idea.
Let’s put this into action. One of my goals I have wanted to accomplish for a while is to learn Spanish. I won’t lie, I’ve been “talking” about learning a second language for months now. I bought a beginner course about 2 months ago and it still sits on my desk unopened. Now I’m ready to take action and learn! My action plan to achieve my goal is to set aside 20 minutes per day to study. In my future blogs I will elaborate more on the steps of becoming a doer. I could write all night on goal setting, achievement and steps for success. There is no better feeling than self-fulfillment and accomplishment. With that being said, always be a doer, and always live awesome.